How Fast is the fastest RC? - Page 2 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums
Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums  

Go Back   Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums > Manufacturers > Honda RC51

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2006, 07:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to dhdrider

I think the funniest thing about this thread is the fact that almost none of us really know what the top speed of our RC is (me included). Kinda shows you how low most of us rate that as important to their decision...
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2006, 07:14 PM
Anger managment patient

because we would have bought busa's
Old 07-18-2006, 07:14 PM
Damn Asshat

true i dont really care about top speed. im not a racer. and i know this for a fact it will hit posted texas speed limits really f'n quickly

President of The Troy Bayless Haterz Club
Old 07-18-2006, 07:26 PM

Well, let's see... my fat ticket came from being clocked at 148 on the North Bound 210 FWY. And then 165 or thereabouts at Willow Big Track.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:28 PM
Damn Asshat

i bet you had to refi your mortage to pay for that one

Old 07-18-2006, 07:31 PM
TOP GUN Instructor

Location: Where I >Try to LIVE< Always within the Moment of Thanksgiving to Christ Jesus, My Lord Saviour!
Talking Should Have Kept Your Head Down!,......By...By....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIM-RC51
Well, let's see... my fat ticket came from being clocked at 148 on the North Bound 210 FWY. And then 165 or thereabouts at Willow Big Track.

Damn Bro.!...............You stopped?......You didn't see him till it was too late?
What, what, what.......details!!

How much?
Old 07-18-2006, 07:33 PM
...commandeering a beer.

Send a message via MSN to raceghost

Quote:
I think the funniest thing about this thread is the fact that almost none of us really know what the top speed of our RC is (me included). Kinda shows you how low most of us rate that as important to their decision...
Understandable, and I am not trying to make it as though it should be a top priority. I am one of those crazy guys that loves to do the impossible, and that is all I am saying, its time to put the RC51 name into the books.. ... So yes, for research purposes, I want to know what a RC51 is capable of doing with minor modification. I will get into moderate cusomization later... "UNIQUE" is the keyword here. Turbo Busa's are a dime a dozen these days.

...the "RACEGHOST" always hold's the record.

All thanks to the users on this forum and http://rc51.org/!

RG Skunkworks current mods: ...scrapped due to funding!

http://www.raceghost.me
Old 07-18-2006, 07:36 PM
Damn Asshat

simonkobe has the hookup with HRC kits i believe 25k was the price. for what i am assuming is full blown wsbk engine. there is a link some where here for it. that would be more unique than a turbo busa

Old 07-18-2006, 07:36 PM
TOP GUN Instructor

Location: Where I >Try to LIVE< Always within the Moment of Thanksgiving to Christ Jesus, My Lord Saviour!
Talking Quick Enough?....No Way!...I Want More Power!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp2pilot
Nicky Hayden during a practice, intentionaly blew the chicane at Daytona, the story goes he was trying to break 200 mph but came up short. something in the 'hood of high 190's

Edwards WSB bike clocked over 190 at Monza in 2002

+1 Nicky, was clocked at, I think it was 197mph!
I think it was 2-3 years earlier, Troy Courser<sp> did the samething on his Duc., clocked at 194mph or something like that.

Thats the thing I think is so strange, about Daytona, changing the 200 away from the 1000cc SuperBike's, because their saying the 1000's are getting too fast!!??? Too powerful??.........Yet you look at this from years ago!!...These speeds that they are running are nothing new!!!!!!!
Old 07-18-2006, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVTMAVERICK
Damn Bro.!...............You stopped?......You didn't see him till it was too late?
What, what, what.......details!!

How much?
Well..... I got stupid for ten seconds. My friend was on his 999R and I thought - let's see what he's got. We were at the end of the ride, and got on the freeway to go home - all of a sudden, there were four empty lanes in front of us for like 2 miles. He opened it, I opened it, and off we went. Of course we shut it down within like 10 - 20 seconds, call it momentary insanity. And of course, what we did not look at was the darn CHP cruiser behind us when we took off.

So... we slowed down to like 65 and WHOOM! There are CHP all over us! So... there I am trying to explain to the guy that in a race tuck, you don't look or really see behind you... needless to say, that did not help us. Ticket came to like $2000 or so.

I was REAL stupid, and paid for it.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:47 PM
Theft by deception...

Damn!!! $2000 for a speeding ticket? What city was this? You was better off out running the police...hahaha. ( just kidding )

Please be aware that I can piss further than you can think...know your place, bitch!!

-----------------------------------

2006 Honda RC51 ( The Gorilla )
2006 Yamaha R6 ( The Monkey )
Old 07-18-2006, 07:49 PM
arizona rc51

Send a message via Yahoo to arizona_rc51

OuCH! That's pretty nasty ticket. I thought mine was bad, 41 over. With court fee, came to $386.00... But NOW... I feel better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIM-RC51
Well..... I got stupid for ten seconds. My friend
was on his 999R and I thought - let's see what he's got. We were at the end of the ride, and got on the freeway to go home - all of a sudden, there were four empty lanes in front of us for like 2 miles. He opened it, I opened it, and off we went. Of course we shut it down within like 10 - 20 seconds, call it momentary insanity. And of course, what we did not look at was the darn CHP cruiser behind us when we took off.

So... we slowed down to like 65 and WHOOM! There are CHP all over us! So... there I am trying to explain to the guy that in a race tuck, you don't look or really see behind you... needless to say, that did not help us. Ticket came to like $2000 or so.

I was REAL stupid, and paid for it.

"...If there is a bright center to this universe, you are on the planet its farthest from" Star Wars: New Hope

"Illegal immigrants are like Herpes, they just keep coming back"
Old 07-18-2006, 07:50 PM
Panigaliscious

Quote:
+1 Nicky, was clocked at, I think it was 197mph!
I think it was 2-3 years earlier, Troy Courser<sp> did the samething on his Duc., clocked at 194mph or something like that.
I believe it was Corser in a one-off Ducati Daytona ride in 1995. He blew through the first corner like Nicky and completed the oval. Old print mag said his top speed was 203. That has always stuck in my head, now a decade later.

I think Nicky or BBoz has the highest speed on the Honda that I remember, in the high 190's as was stated
Old 07-18-2006, 07:55 PM
...commandeering a beer.

Thats just like me and the R6 I was with. Rolling down Lincoln north of LAX got parrallel with the LAX runway....TOPGUN anthem in the back of my mind... . 143 is what I saw...the LA COP said he could not catch me at 110 on his speedo, thankfully I slowed down for him... , and the R-6 told me I pulled away from him at 135 MPH. I let off, and sure-nough, copper all over me. Made me pull the key, drop it on the sidwalk, ready to cuff me, take me to jail, impound the bike....

Quote:

When your in tuck mode and on it, you really don't see what is right behind you...

Anyways...keep up with the posting, still VERY, VERY curious as to what I have to work with here...

Old 07-18-2006, 08:12 PM
Enormous Member

OK for kicks and giggles if you are really trying for an all out assault on the top speed with a RC 51 I suggest investing in a nitrous system and do the ground work on a dyno with a qualified operator. I suspect with a custom map and a race gas with nitrous hit a RC mill will make in the "hood" of 185 hp for a very brief pull, maybe less then 10 seconds so the trick is to get it to full chat and drop the hammer on the button for that 10 second squirt. Most full on drag motors survive a hit like this for 3 to 5 seconds at full throttle at high rpm so you realize you are probably going to melt the motor but with a 185 hp at the rear wheel with the correct gearing.. 200 mph is probable but unlikely as it will take perfect timing and perfect conditions. However I won't be the "pilot" so all I have is oppinion.

Lappin Laguna

Old 07-18-2006, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp2pilot
OK for kicks and giggles if you are really trying for an all out assault on the top speed with a RC 51 I suggest investing in a nitrous system and do the ground work on a dyno with a qualified operator. I suspect with a custom map and a race gas with nitrous hit a RC mill will make in the "hood" of 185 hp for a very brief pull, maybe less then 10 seconds so the trick is to get it to full chat and drop the hammer on the button for that 10 second squirt. Most full on drag motors survive a hit like this for 3 to 5 seconds at full throttle at high rpm so you realize you are probably going to melt the motor but with a 185 hp at the rear wheel with the correct gearing.. 200 mph is probable but unlikely as it will take perfect timing and perfect conditions. However I won't be the "pilot" so all I have is oppinion.
*If they build it, you will ride*
Old 07-18-2006, 09:30 PM
Hooligan

So wim-rc51...That story kind of begs the question... How'd ya do against the 999r? I have only run against 999s.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:05 PM
...commandeering a beer.

Quote:
originally posted by: TXRC51fatboy
simonkobe has the hookup with HRC kits i believe 25k was the price. for what i am assuming is full blown wsbk engine. there is a link some where here for it. that would be more unique than a turbo busa
Can you give me some more info, or give me an email for Mr. SimonKobe? I would like to see what that kit entails. Worth the phone call or email for me.

Old 07-18-2006, 10:25 PM
Damn Asshat

http://www.simonkobejapan.com/

Old 07-18-2006, 11:38 PM
Enormous Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper
So wim-rc51...That story kind of begs the question... How'd ya do against the 999r? I have only run against 999s.
\

An 06 999r will leave a street modded RC 51 for dead. It will out accelerate it, out brake it and carry equal corner speed.

Now for the 27 grand one cost you can build 2 nice RC 51's so you can get beat on both of your bikes

Lappin Laguna

Sponsored Links
Advertisement