How Fast is the fastest RC? - Page 2 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 08:08 PM
Senior Member
 
dhdrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,609
Send a message via AIM to dhdrider
I think the funniest thing about this thread is the fact that almost none of us really know what the top speed of our RC is (me included). Kinda shows you how low most of us rate that as important to their decision... :twocents

"Nice jacket, Kevin." - Nicky Hayden
dhdrider is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 08:14 PM
Anger managment patient
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: south central, PA
Posts: 3,474
because we would have bought busa's
EvilTwin-05 is offline  
post #23 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 08:14 PM
Damn Asshat
 
TXRC51fatboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,615
true i dont really care about top speed. im not a racer. and i know this for a fact it will hit posted texas speed limits really f'n quickly

04 RC51

President of The Troy Bayless Haterz Club

Best Auto/Moto Insurance | Motorcycle Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
TXRC51fatboy is offline  
post #24 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 08:26 PM
Senior Member
 
WIM-RC51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 561
Well, let's see... my fat ticket came from being clocked at 148 on the North Bound 210 FWY. And then 165 or thereabouts at Willow Big Track.
WIM-RC51 is offline  
post #25 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 08:28 PM
Damn Asshat
 
TXRC51fatboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,615
i bet you had to refi your mortage to pay for that one

04 RC51

President of The Troy Bayless Haterz Club

Best Auto/Moto Insurance | Motorcycle Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
TXRC51fatboy is offline  
post #26 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 08:31 PM
TOP GUN Instructor
 
RVTMAVERICK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Where I >Try to LIVE< Always within the Moment of Thanksgiving to Christ Jesus, My Lord Saviour!
Posts: 5,717
Talking Should Have Kept Your Head Down!,......By...By....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIM-RC51
Well, let's see... my fat ticket came from being clocked at 148 on the North Bound 210 FWY. And then 165 or thereabouts at Willow Big Track.

Damn Bro.!...............You stopped?......You didn't see him till it was too late?
What, what, what.......details!!

How much?
RVTMAVERICK is offline  
post #27 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
...commandeering a beer.
 
raceghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: OC via SLC, UT
Posts: 1,032
Send a message via MSN to raceghost
Quote:
I think the funniest thing about this thread is the fact that almost none of us really know what the top speed of our RC is (me included). Kinda shows you how low most of us rate that as important to their decision... :twocents
Understandable, and I am not trying to make it as though it should be a top priority. I am one of those crazy guys that loves to do the impossible, and that is all I am saying, its time to put the RC51 name into the books.. ... So yes, for research purposes, I want to know what a RC51 is capable of doing with minor modification. I will get into moderate cusomization later... "UNIQUE" is the keyword here. Turbo Busa's are a dime a dozen these days.


...the "RACEGHOST" always hold's the record.

All thanks to the users on this forum and http://rc51.org/!

RG Skunkworks current mods: ...scrapped due to funding!

http://www.raceghost.me
raceghost is offline  
post #28 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 08:36 PM
Damn Asshat
 
TXRC51fatboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,615
simonkobe has the hookup with HRC kits i believe 25k was the price. for what i am assuming is full blown wsbk engine. there is a link some where here for it. that would be more unique than a turbo busa

04 RC51

President of The Troy Bayless Haterz Club

Best Auto/Moto Insurance | Motorcycle Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
TXRC51fatboy is offline  
post #29 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 08:36 PM
TOP GUN Instructor
 
RVTMAVERICK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Where I >Try to LIVE< Always within the Moment of Thanksgiving to Christ Jesus, My Lord Saviour!
Posts: 5,717
Talking Quick Enough?....No Way!...I Want More Power!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp2pilot
Nicky Hayden during a practice, intentionaly blew the chicane at Daytona, the story goes he was trying to break 200 mph but came up short. something in the 'hood of high 190's

Edwards WSB bike clocked over 190 at Monza in 2002


+1 Nicky, was clocked at, I think it was 197mph!
I think it was 2-3 years earlier, Troy Courser<sp> did the samething on his Duc., clocked at 194mph or something like that.


Thats the thing I think is so strange, about Daytona, changing the 200 away from the 1000cc SuperBike's, because their saying the 1000's are getting too fast!!??? Too powerful??.........Yet you look at this from years ago!!...These speeds that they are running are nothing new!!!!!!!
RVTMAVERICK is offline  
post #30 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 08:41 PM
Senior Member
 
WIM-RC51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVTMAVERICK
Damn Bro.!...............You stopped?......You didn't see him till it was too late?
What, what, what.......details!!

How much?
Well..... I got stupid for ten seconds. My friend was on his 999R and I thought - let's see what he's got. We were at the end of the ride, and got on the freeway to go home - all of a sudden, there were four empty lanes in front of us for like 2 miles. He opened it, I opened it, and off we went. Of course we shut it down within like 10 - 20 seconds, call it momentary insanity. And of course, what we did not look at was the darn CHP cruiser behind us when we took off.

So... we slowed down to like 65 and WHOOM! There are CHP all over us! So... there I am trying to explain to the guy that in a race tuck, you don't look or really see behind you... needless to say, that did not help us. Ticket came to like $2000 or so.

I was REAL stupid, and paid for it.
WIM-RC51 is offline  
post #31 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 08:47 PM
Theft by deception...
 
I::AM::GOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Palm Beach County
Posts: 359
Damn!!! $2000 for a speeding ticket? What city was this? You was better off out running the police...hahaha. ( just kidding )

There is a preponderance of the evidence that proves I have gained the freedom to express how much of an asshole I am -- and what could be more beautiful than the truth?




Please be aware that I can piss further than you can think...know your place, bitch!!



-----------------------------------


2006 Honda RC51 ( The Gorilla )
2006 Yamaha R6 ( The Monkey )
I::AM::GOD is offline  
post #32 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 08:49 PM
arizona rc51
 
arizona_rc51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Posts: 709
Send a message via Yahoo to arizona_rc51
OuCH! That's pretty nasty ticket. I thought mine was bad, 41 over. With court fee, came to $386.00... But NOW... I feel better.



Quote:
Originally Posted by WIM-RC51
Well..... I got stupid for ten seconds. My friend
was on his 999R and I thought - let's see what he's got. We were at the end of the ride, and got on the freeway to go home - all of a sudden, there were four empty lanes in front of us for like 2 miles. He opened it, I opened it, and off we went. Of course we shut it down within like 10 - 20 seconds, call it momentary insanity. And of course, what we did not look at was the darn CHP cruiser behind us when we took off.

So... we slowed down to like 65 and WHOOM! There are CHP all over us! So... there I am trying to explain to the guy that in a race tuck, you don't look or really see behind you... needless to say, that did not help us. Ticket came to like $2000 or so.

I was REAL stupid, and paid for it.

http://www.facebook.com/arizona.native


"...If there is a bright center to this universe, you are on the planet its farthest from" Star Wars: New Hope

"Illegal immigrants are like Herpes, they just keep coming back"
arizona_rc51 is offline  
post #33 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 08:50 PM
Panigaliscious
 
sburns2421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SW MO
Posts: 9,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVTMAVERICK
+1 Nicky, was clocked at, I think it was 197mph!
I think it was 2-3 years earlier, Troy Courser<sp> did the samething on his Duc., clocked at 194mph or something like that.
I believe it was Corser in a one-off Ducati Daytona ride in 1995. He blew through the first corner like Nicky and completed the oval. Old print mag said his top speed was 203. That has always stuck in my head, now a decade later.

I think Nicky or BBoz has the highest speed on the Honda that I remember, in the high 190's as was stated

1985 Honda VF1000R, 1990 Ducati 851, 2008 YZ450F
sburns2421 is offline  
post #34 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
...commandeering a beer.
 
raceghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: OC via SLC, UT
Posts: 1,032
Send a message via MSN to raceghost
Thats just like me and the R6 I was with. Rolling down Lincoln north of LAX got parrallel with the LAX runway....TOPGUN anthem in the back of my mind... . 143 is what I saw...the LA COP said he could not catch me at 110 on his speedo, thankfully I slowed down for him... , and the R-6 told me I pulled away from him at 135 MPH. I let off, and sure-nough, copper all over me. Made me pull the key, drop it on the sidwalk, ready to cuff me, take me to jail, impound the bike....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVTMAVERICK
Damn Bro.!...............You stopped?......You didn't see him till it was too late?

When your in tuck mode and on it, you really don't see what is right behind you...

Anyways...keep up with the posting, still VERY, VERY curious as to what I have to work with here...


...the "RACEGHOST" always hold's the record.

All thanks to the users on this forum and http://rc51.org/!

RG Skunkworks current mods: ...scrapped due to funding!

http://www.raceghost.me
raceghost is offline  
post #35 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 09:12 PM
Enormous Member
 
sp2pilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Salinas Ca.
Posts: 1,460
OK for kicks and giggles if you are really trying for an all out assault on the top speed with a RC 51 I suggest investing in a nitrous system and do the ground work on a dyno with a qualified operator. I suspect with a custom map and a race gas with nitrous hit a RC mill will make in the "hood" of 185 hp for a very brief pull, maybe less then 10 seconds so the trick is to get it to full chat and drop the hammer on the button for that 10 second squirt. Most full on drag motors survive a hit like this for 3 to 5 seconds at full throttle at high rpm so you realize you are probably going to melt the motor but with a 185 hp at the rear wheel with the correct gearing.. 200 mph is probable but unlikely as it will take perfect timing and perfect conditions. However I won't be the "pilot" so all I have is oppinion.
sp2pilot is offline  
post #36 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 09:57 PM
Senior Member
 
WIM-RC51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp2pilot
OK for kicks and giggles if you are really trying for an all out assault on the top speed with a RC 51 I suggest investing in a nitrous system and do the ground work on a dyno with a qualified operator. I suspect with a custom map and a race gas with nitrous hit a RC mill will make in the "hood" of 185 hp for a very brief pull, maybe less then 10 seconds so the trick is to get it to full chat and drop the hammer on the button for that 10 second squirt. Most full on drag motors survive a hit like this for 3 to 5 seconds at full throttle at high rpm so you realize you are probably going to melt the motor but with a 185 hp at the rear wheel with the correct gearing.. 200 mph is probable but unlikely as it will take perfect timing and perfect conditions. However I won't be the "pilot" so all I have is oppinion.
*If they build it, you will ride*
WIM-RC51 is offline  
post #37 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 10:30 PM
Hooligan
 
Thumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 89
So wim-rc51...That story kind of begs the question... How'd ya do against the 999r? I have only run against 999s.
Thumper is offline  
post #38 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
...commandeering a beer.
 
raceghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: OC via SLC, UT
Posts: 1,032
Send a message via MSN to raceghost
Quote:
originally posted by: TXRC51fatboy
simonkobe has the hookup with HRC kits i believe 25k was the price. for what i am assuming is full blown wsbk engine. there is a link some where here for it. that would be more unique than a turbo busa
Can you give me some more info, or give me an email for Mr. SimonKobe? I would like to see what that kit entails. Worth the phone call or email for me.


...the "RACEGHOST" always hold's the record.

All thanks to the users on this forum and http://rc51.org/!

RG Skunkworks current mods: ...scrapped due to funding!

http://www.raceghost.me
raceghost is offline  
post #39 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 11:25 PM
Damn Asshat
 
TXRC51fatboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,615
TXRC51fatboy is offline  
post #40 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 12:38 AM
Enormous Member
 
sp2pilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Salinas Ca.
Posts: 1,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper
So wim-rc51...That story kind of begs the question... How'd ya do against the 999r? I have only run against 999s.
\


An 06 999r will leave a street modded RC 51 for dead. It will out accelerate it, out brake it and carry equal corner speed.


Now for the 27 grand one cost you can build 2 nice RC 51's so you can get beat on both of your bikes
sp2pilot is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome