Corbin Saddle? - Page 2 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 07:13 PM

Another . . .

Try TOBINseats.com.

Custom order, but nice finished product.

Sargents are really nice, but pricey (IMHO). I was thinking about a cowl but I like the way they do the matching red welt and solo-style rear trim. I've heard the cowls for this bike are awkward to use, as in hard to handle and manage and inconvenient.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 10:58 PM

Thats a Tobin seat on my Bandit 1200. Very nice product, custom made just the way I wanted. Highly recommended overall.

Good Luck, Ed.

2005 GSF1200SZ
1992 900SS
1983 GS750ED
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-14-2012, 11:11 AM

I ordered a gunfighter seat for '93 ss. Whilst the seat is made of high quality and I find it very comfortable, I didn't get what I actually ordered.
I had to order thru' an Australian dist. and when I received the seat, the options that I chose with the colour arrangement was incorrect. There was red vinyl strips where I wanted black. I doubled checked the order invoice to make sure the correct seat was ordered, and after consulting with the dist. in Victoria he was happy for me to return the seat to him and reorder another. The alarming issue was, the dist. told me that with any given number of orders he receives, Corbin usually get the orders wrong 3 or 4 times a month. I kept my original and just hit the red bits with black dye. I suppose you expect these issues when your dealing with someone the other side of the world, who wont deal directly with the customer. Kinda ruined what was otherwise a worthy purchase

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 08:39 AM

Hi Darren72,
What are the details of your supplier. I've got a '95SS and have been considering a new seat, but I live in Australia, and most of the non standard stuff is imported (often from US).
I wasn't aware I could get non standard seat locally. Which seat did you buy, and how do you find it?
Thanks
TM
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-08-2012, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren72 View Post
I ordered a gunfighter seat for '93 ss. Whilst the seat is made of high quality and I find it very comfortable, I didn't get what I actually ordered...Kinda ruined what was otherwise a worthy purchase
Holy NecroThread Batman...

Your experience with Corbin mirrored mine, with the exception that I was dealing directly with Corbin.

I wanted to replace a seat for my 900ss that looked like the one on the web; gunfighter in black with tomato red tail. I bought one more than ten years ago. I recovered it once & needed to recover it again but didn't think it'd survive another episode of rivits. Not to mention Corbin recovers cost 2/3rds that of a new seat. So I figured I'd order a second seat. So I order it online just like the first one. Get an email confirmation for my order and start the wait because it's Corbin & it's worth the wait.

After a month I don't see any charges to my card. Call and get some song and dance my order wasn't processed. After another month-ish I call again and get more run on about the card won't process. Finally get the order straight; I think. A month later the billing notice is for a yamaha V-star with ostrich and burgandy insets. Ugly, but more importantly not my seat. So I call about the black and red seat for my 900ss that looks just like the one on their website. Apologies and we'll send out your seat. So another month and a half rolls by and the brown box guy drops off my Corbin box.

It's now the end of fall and the riding season is pretty much ending for sport bikes with an early snow. The seat is definitely for a 900ss but it's covered in ostrich and burgandy insets. I wanted to barf. So I call up and get a RMA to return the seat. Another month and a half goes by and no word from Corbin. I find out I have to travel for work for month, so I call Corbin and tell them NOT to send the seat since I won't be there to pick it up two weeks before I leave.

So apparently two days after I fly out they delivered my seat. Fortunately a neighbor grabbed it for me otherwise it would have sat outside the apartment for someone to grab or be buried in sleet and snow. Get home a month and half later and open it up. It's for a 900ss, but everything is red except for the seat panel. Not at all like the seat on their f'n website. I'm to tired to deal with the incompetence that is now Corbin seats. I've almost gotten used to it now. It is well made and very comfy, but it's not what I ordered. And after my 7 month ordeal to attempt to get what I ordered, I've decided that Corbin seats will not be on my R1200GS or my S4 monster. Sargent now gets my business. Sargent also got two of my friends seat orders too after hearing my story. At least Sargent has customer service. Corbin can stuff it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode