monster with clip ons - Page 2 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 01:57 PM
Ducatilicious

True, the low clip ons are murderous when used on the street. Not bad for track stuff though, get much needed weight over the front.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-26-2008, 05:18 PM

ask around on Sport Classic forums. Sport 1000 came with clip-ons and most owners converted to higher ones. I believe they should fit most 2v monsters fairly easy since sport 1000 forks are non-adjustable ones.

'06 Ducati SC1000 Black/white Monoposto

BMW ///M3 SilverGray/Red. 6spd.
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 05:09 AM

Clip ons

Man I cant believe some of yall are complaining about the ergonomics on this setup. Maybe its a different crowd over here in the Monster world, but i find the factory bar position on the Monster to be one of the biggest negatives of the bike. Something Jesse James would sell.

The clip ons make it a proper sporting motorcycle. To each their own.

I agree with Chris though, dont use the factory 916 bars, the single best ergo change I made to my 996 was dumping those.

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by termigni View Post
ask around on Sport Classic forums. Sport 1000 came with clip-ons and most owners converted to higher ones. I believe they should fit most 2v monsters fairly easy since sport 1000 forks are non-adjustable ones.

That was my first thought. Let me tell you now that it is a flawed one. The 'knuckle' on the clamp won't allow the master cylinders to clear and attach to the bars. So you have to push them forward with pillow blocks. Here are a few pics of my wife's M620 I just finished.

SpeedyMoto top clamp for Monster
40mm risers from a Sport Classic
Headlight bracket from a Sport Classic
Custom pillow blocks to push master cylinders past bar clamps
Custom brackets to support top of headlight bracket allowing clearance for stock brake and clutch lines. (notice the speedometer is push forward as well)
Attached Images

post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-30-2013, 02:41 AM

Ducati Monster Clip Ons.

Owner of Ducati Monster 620. My forks are not adjustable, have the Coffin looking cast aluminium brake fluid reservoir. In search of some clip ons so that wont force me to buy any extra accessories for it to work. Any links to websites for clip ons that might work for me would be much appreciated !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode