Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 09:01 PM
Juvenile Old Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Monstaman
Mine ..
Attached Images

Cheers Monstaman

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 09:03 PM
Juvenile Old Member

Other way.

Have made the Givi rack fit and put Zard full headers on since this photo.
Attached Images

Cheers Monstaman

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 05:03 AM

Sweet Monstaman. Reminds of my tour of the North Island a few years ago. The HM would be a sweet bike for many NZ roads.

Took the HM up high for autumn colors not long ago..

post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 09:07 PM
Juvenile Old Member

Heya Steve, beautiful as usual, your live in a beautiful part of the world too.

Our trip was our Wanaka Motorcycle Club Round the block 1700km trip, was great fun indeed.

This is a map if where we went, our travel in black starting from Wanaka back to Wanaka .
Attached Images

Cheers Monstaman

post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 09:09 PM
Juvenile Old Member

Bit of rain
Attached Images

Cheers Monstaman

post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 04:14 AM

Outstanding. Someday hope to return and ride the South Island. From what I've heard, and images seen, it is a very special place.

How do you like the Hyper?
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 08:04 AM
Juvenile Old Member

Heya Steve, love it, best bike I have ever had actually, only have to soften the forks and she will be sweet, I find the compression damping too harsh so I am going to put 2.5 w oil in the forks.

Other than that she is a hooligan tool and great fun.

If you come to NZ you have a bed here, my wife and I bounce around in a four bedroom home so we have shitloads of room, it would be our pleasure to take you round our districts.

Cheers Monstaman

post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 11:20 AM

Getting a kick out of it here as well. Love the engine. Yes, find it a bit harsh up front. Thanks for the kind offer. Reminds of a pack of sportbike riders I came across while riding from New Plymouth to Lake Taupo. Six riding friends from Tauranga on a North Island tour. The middle rider (a doctor) in the image below wanted me to stay at his place when I mentioned I had plans to pass through Tauranga in 2-3 days. Very friendly, and an excellent group of riders.

The day before, on the way to New Plymouth from Auckland, I was shown no mercy...

But to keep the thread on track, have all kinds of sweet HM roads/rides nearby...
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 07:24 PM
Juvenile Old Member

I have saved that pic on my Screensaver.

So our feds didn't see the funny side of you story .... bugga!, how fast?

Coupla more pics,
Attached Images

Cheers Monstaman

post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 07:25 PM
Juvenile Old Member

Attached Images

Cheers Monstaman

post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 05:38 AM

Sweet pics and sweet bikes. What a rock wall. Hey, your second pic at the very top. There's a sign... "Don't feed the ???" Can't read the ??? What is it?

While stopped in a town south of Hamilton, maybe Otorohanga? I saw two Harley riders blast through town heading south the way I was going to go on the way to New Plymouth. Game on. Fired up the VFR, caught up to them, and just kept them in sight, perhaps 40-50 meters behind. They were riding at a good clip. Descending a long hill a police car appeared coming the other way, passed the Harleys, and turned the lights on (as I passed) while starting to make a u-turn. I pulled over to the side as I saw the car come up from behind me so it could continue on to catch those "crazy Harley riders". Seriously, was shocked it pulled in behind me. Told me I was going 117 in a 100kmh zone. I figured... a foreign visitor, unfamiliar with the roads, the flying H-D riders in front of me, etc. etc. I'd just get a warning. Nope. He asked me when I was leaving the country, and he told me a Westpac bank would be open on Monday where I could pay my fine before I depart. Now I have a momento...

post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 09:55 PM
Juvenile Old Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfarson View Post
. Hey, your second pic at the very top. There's a sign... "Don't feed the ???" Can't read the ??? What is it?
The bastids, everyone who has failed car sales and real estate seems to end up being a cop over here.

The sign says DO NOT FEED THE KEAS, they are the size of a dinosaur and meat eating animal that will tear you to pieces in as second

This is a Kea, Mountain parrot and very very destructive, if they land on your bike for more than 30 seconds something will get ripped off, torn off or torn apart, they are little bastids.

The have a fettish for windscreen rubber, windscreen wipers etc, anything they can hook their beak into.

My wife took our open top truck up sking and the little bastid ate the back door panels out, looked like someone through a bomb in the back of my truck.
Attached Images

Cheers Monstaman

post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 04:46 AM

Whoa. Never heard of a Kea. I can see being on the lookout for them. Not a small bird either.

Two other Colorado HM pics...

post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 07:01 AM
Juvenile Old Member

Great pics Steve, we are coming to the US for a wee road trip planed for 2011, we intend traveling around the US for around 6 - 8 months, Colorado is DEFINITELY on our list, I would love to see the place with my own eyes, my wife has looked at your pictures too and given it the big thumbs up!!

I have a friend who lives in Boulder City somewhere too so we have good reason to come over and see him too!!

Cheers Monstaman

post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 12:15 AM

Such beautiful scenery, I need to visit Colorado.

post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 04:20 AM

Just about done with the CF bits to lighten things up a bit.....
Attached Images

Mike B.
06 800 SS
08 HM 1100S
89 KLR 650
87 Paso 750
64 125 Bronco
A few Chinese dirt bikes

Ect.....
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 12:42 AM

08 Hyper

I just finished gathering all the necessary parts to rehab this 08 Hyper. Bought it with a salvage title and only 39 miles on the odometer!!!
Since I was on a budget I went with aftermarket CF.... In general I'm pretty happy with the result... Can't wait for spring to get here.
Attached Images

post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 01:45 AM
Big Thymer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperduc View Post
I just finished gathering all the necessary parts to rehab this 08 Hyper. Bought it with a salvage title and only 39 miles on the odometer!!!
It's amazing how much damage on a young bike can cause an ins co to salvage the thing... nice looking ride though.

post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 06:12 PM

hyper, that looks fantastic.

sfarson, keep posting those beautiful shots.

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode