Speedzilla Forums banner

The face of a two stroked death

4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  justjoe 
#1 ·
I have never seen anything like this before. A cylinder piece broke and fell into the high revving engine. The crankshaft and rod picked the metal chunk up and got stuck immediately after a quarter turn. The right crankcase in torn open in 3 spots. Farewell my former CR 250 engine.

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi Waldo,

wow good eye mate! It´s a 90 motor.

I have been looking for a replacement as rebuilding the current one is expensive. I have calculated 700€ minimum with ebay parts. Europe is really bad for MX spares. The American market is full of CR parts though.

If you know anyone who has a spare complete motor, let me know.

#6 ·
Yeah ebay US is full of CR parts, vintage or not. Good place. I saw the motor you posted the day before yesterday, but didn´t fancy the crack in the oil drain screw area. Thanks for the link though!

What I was wondering, would another year motor bolt right up to the mounting holes and swingarm? I know that I would need to sort out the hosing and get a pipe, but that would be alright as long as the price was right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.