New Toy - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-23-2011, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

New Toy

Picked this up yesterday been looking for a replacement for my old KTM and had an 08 RMZ250 lined up but I got a call yesterday morning offering me this 2009 CRF250 very low hours for the same money as the RMZ, I was there within the hour with cash. Last owner bought it from a local shop rode it once and scared himself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-23-2011, 05:26 PM
-_-

Nice! Congrats on the new toy.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 05:06 PM
Banned

Scared himself??? Was the last owner 5'2" and 100lbs or what? The 250's are weak. You wanna a scare get on the 450.

Nice bike though

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgos929 View Post
Scared himself??? Was the last owner 5'2" and 100lbs or what? The 250's are weak. You wanna a scare get on the 450.

Nice bike though
Nope he was a boxer, fancied trying something different last time he was on two wheels was as a kid many years ago. Had more money than sense.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 12:59 AM

[QUOTE=jgos929;686135]Scared himself??? Was the last owner 5'2" and 100lbs or what?

HEY I resemble that REMARK ! ! !.. not really, I would be suprised if a 250 would move me...
Nice toy...
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 01:23 AM
Currently: Moderating

U gonna leave the Johnny B Good graphics on it? Would go well with your holier than thou theme lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrn View Post
why don'y you do yourself a favor and put me on ignore

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 07:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jami6989 View Post
U gonna leave the Johnny B Good graphics on it? Would go well with your holier than thou theme lately.
Nope they have to come off, we'll leave the superiority complexes to you.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

[quote=allchaos;686236]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgos929 View Post
Scared himself??? Was the last owner 5'2" and 100lbs or what?

HEY I resemble that REMARK ! ! !.. not really, I would be suprised if a 250 would move me...
Nice toy...
250 is perfect for me I had a CRF450 when I first started but it was more bike than I was rider, we only have small tight tracks in the UK unless you go to some of the National tracks which it's not possible to practice on as we have stupid planning rules that are strangling the sport IE very restricted trail riding if any and a lack of practice tracks with more closing than opening at the moment mainly due to noise issues.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-28-2011, 01:29 AM
Banned

I had an 06 yzf250 and it ran great but definitely more track oriented. I prefer trails so I sold it scored me a 97 XR400R and haven't looked back. That thing is a caddy out on the trails and will climb anything
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 05:08 PM
Señor Member

I like it.

I've been riding a 2000 YZ426F for a long while now. I've only recently come to terms with its power on on dirt at the TT races and at MX practice. It has a lot more power than I can use most of the time. And a lot more weight.

Since I've taken a crack at MX, I think I would progress better, or maybe have more fun, if I went with a lighter, less fickle bike. I've been thinking about either a KX250F or a KTM SX150. Both of them are a smaller, lighter package.

Let us know how you like your new Honda.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

The Honda is a Honda what can I say it's light and turns nice once in a rut it stays online, the handling is very inspiring. The power is good for a 250 with good drive at pretty much any speed although nowhere nears as strong as the KTM I had last on the plus side the CRF feels slimmer and lighter especially when jumping.
The track I went to was quite tight with a fair few jumps aslo as it has been raining for most of the week it was very "soft" which rutted up really well there was a pretty wet area under some trees just before and between two table jumps, where you had to pick a rut and commit or you were in trouble but the bike tyre combo made this easy the tyres are Dunlop MX51 and offer stacks of grip.
out of KXF and sx150 I put my cash on the KXF very strong reliable engine and solid handling from what I understand I had a KTM albeit an SXF250 which is the same chassis and different engine and although I liked the engine and front end I found the rear end quite harsh and choppy. I find the Honda a much more civilized ride but saying that but the same old Honda issues rear their head It was a bitch to start hot and as suspected the valve clearances need attention a regular job on CRFs and one for Saturday once the shim kit arrives along with my sons fork seals hopefully ready for a run on Sunday. I'm trying to turn the bike around on eBay ATM for a profit and if it goes I'll be buying a KXF, RMZ or I've seen a tidy tricked up SXF for a good price. I'm not really a fan of Hondas.

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 06:27 PM
Señor Member

You know the 2 stroke KTMs get the linkage rear suspension for 2012... (maybe they got it last year?) I think that would mitigate my fears a bit.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by banda View Post
You know the 2 stroke KTMs get the linkage rear suspension for 2012... (maybe they got it last year?) I think that would mitigate my fears a bit.
Yea they have linkage for 2012 but it was only the 4ts last year. I must say I've only heard good things regarding the 150 once they got the squish issues on the first 144s sorted.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode