Crappy Bike ! - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-16-2014, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

Crappy Bike !

Great bike ! ... Discuss . Lonely place or what .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

THE LEGEND
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-16-2014, 08:19 PM
Panigaliscious

This is what has been preventing me from riding on my crappy or great bike...

Normal blocks are 18" X 12" X 8" high and about 80 pounds. Corner blocks are 18" X 9" X 8" high and weigh 70#. Will have 18" X 12" X 4" high solid caps when completed. This represents five solid days of work for me and my dad and his Terramite and transit level. Rest of the wall around pool is more trenching, base rock & level, blocks, fill gravel, cap, back fill. Other parts will not be as tall, but stacking is the easy part, we didn't lay a block until the third day of these pictures. Will be about 150 linear feet of wall when done, around 400 blocks and 100 caps in all.

This was the week of the 4th. Most of the wall is now around the pool. 20+ tons of blocks and about 12 tons of gravel/sand/topsoil by the time we are done. And then the plants, irrigation, landscape fabric, and decorative (black granite) gravel in the space between the wall and pool deck.

House projects = crappy.

This has nothing to do with an MV Brutale other than my thought as I write checks for this crap how many bikes I could have for the same $$$.
Attached Images

1985 Honda VF1000R, 1990 Ducati 851, 2008 YZ450F

Last edited by sburns2421; 07-16-2014 at 08:41 PM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-17-2014, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Very nice to say the least , and will pay dividends if you have a few children (so they're occupied) , and at resale . I just can't get motivated for home projects any longer ; gettin' old I guess . The reason for the post is that I'm trying to become interested in () a bike marque that isn't known for QC or refinement . It's also tough to find long-term reliability info . The 675 (with its reverse crank exotica) intrigues me and is heavily discounted to Japanese price-point in my area . I'm already married to one stubborn Italian , not sure if I need another .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

THE LEGEND

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-17-2014, 11:37 PM

800 Brutale is nice.... not sure I'd go for the 675 though......

99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 02:15 AM
Panigaliscious

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRCules View Post
Great bike ! ... Discuss . Lonely place or what .
The 1090 Brut is by far the best-looking naked superbike made today if not ever. Its engine design is pushing 20 years old, so I am inclined to think any serious design flaws have been ironed out by now. Prices on them do not seem outrageous today, perhaps because other big nakeds have also gotten expensive.

KTM looks like it was put together by a plumber and the Tuono will also not age gracefully at all.

Triples are neat but I can't warm up to them, maybe the F3-800

1985 Honda VF1000R, 1990 Ducati 851, 2008 YZ450F
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

Oh I'd love the 800 but it isn't discounted yet and I'm , um , shall we say , thrifty . Last year's 675 isn't moving here so the one and only dealer wants it gone . As for its biggest brother , I don't really want a flat-crank I-4 at this time , even though it is indeed a nice looking machine . Let me tell you , notwithstanding all the press gushing over these bikes as if they were works of art , the fit and finish isn't so great IMO . Maybe I'm used to my RC51 .A

THE LEGEND
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode