Speedzilla Forums banner

'06 SM610S First Impression

257K views 914 replies 100 participants last post by  FLynn 
#1 ·
Pros
  • Looks great!
  • Awesome brakes!
  • Smooth (for a thumper).
  • Good power. It feels about the same as an LC4.
  • Great suspension! I still haven't ridden it hard, but it feels perfect.
Cons (minor nitpicks)
  • Stock mirrors (fixed).
  • Emissions crap is ugly (will be fixed).
  • Auto-retract sidestand (fixed).
  • Separate key for the fuel tank.
  • Already rattled a bolt off on the exhaust heat shield.
  • Seat sucks.

See less See more
#52 ·
yamatr3 said:
I found out some more info on the Arrow. Motostrano is selling them (none in stock) for $698.00. That is with a Ti can and Stainless headpipes. I went ahead and ordered the Leo Vinci for $200 more with the Ti headpipes. I ordered that from Motoexotica, thanks Dan.
I can't wait to hear what you think of it.

I'm especially curious to know how loud it is. I really don't want anything too loud.

#53 ·
Dave said:
I can't wait to hear what you think of it.

I'm especially curious to know how loud it is. I really don't want anything too loud.
I just got a pm from a buddy that just installed the Leovince.:clapper
It sayed to me that now the byke gained power in the lower part,more smoothness in deliveryng it ,and not too much louder.
Better part is now the exust can,flowing more freely, does not get that hotter like before:woot:

#54 ·
It is going to take me awhile before I get the pipe on. first, I need to get it broken in, then do a stock dyno run, then put the pipe on. so far, I've got 70 miles on her. It'll be awhile. I went ahead and ordered the pipe now because Dan said he only had three coming. Who knows when the next shipment will be here.

#55 ·
Dave said:
I did my first oil change over the weekend.

There were some small shavings on the magnetic plug, but nothing big.

I used Motorex 10-50 full synthetic. I have found some places online selling 10-60, but I figured that the 10-50 would be just fine.

I'll look into the Boyesesn Quickshot. It sounds like it could help and it's not too expensive.
Dave, did you also check your screen filters (left side and right side) when you did your oil change?

Found lots of crap in my screens. Was wondering if yours was similar.

Peter

#59 ·
I have a quick question for you guys. I am very new to supermotards and I really want to get one. I am thinking about getting rid of the race bike (sv650) and running a motard. Is this thing something that I can do trackdays on and a couple of CCS races on? Or will I be very dissapointed when I get it? I can run pretty quick times on my Sv placing in top 5 of the expert races I enter so will I be getting smoked by other lightweight bikes with this Husky or should I look at another motard. TIA

#60 ·
G2G said:
I have a quick question for you guys. I am very new to supermotards and I really want to get one. I am thinking about getting rid of the race bike (sv650) and running a motard. Is this thing something that I can do trackdays on and a couple of CCS races on? Or will I be very dissapointed when I get it? I can run pretty quick times on my Sv placing in top 5 of the expert races I enter so will I be getting smoked by other lightweight bikes with this Husky or should I look at another motard. TIA
Well, if you don't mind my opinion,I'll say that you should look for something more race-oriented...like the 510:rockon for istance.
The 610 is a perfect Street-tard,racy enought to keep up with almost anything ON THE STREET,jet confortable for everyday use;and not very needy ,but defenetly(spelling?) not a full race byke....my:twocents
Ciao ciao

#61 ·
That is exactly the info I am looking for. What is the difference between the 2?

I would like to ride it in the street and even if it doesnt come with light I can rig them up. But would I not be able to do track stuff on the 610??

#62 ·
I have a KTM 625 SMC that I ride on the street, but it's really too big a bike for most of the tracks you'll end up on for Supermoto. Most of them are kart tracks, or some other small-ish layout.

Ideally, you'd want a 250 or 450 to run on the track, and buy the 610 or equivalent for the street.

I have a KDX 220 that's converted over to 17" wheels, and that's my track bike.

#65 · (Edited)

Attachments

#69 ·
Dave, I have the same stutter in mine. When the stock pipe comes off and the re-jet, I'm sure we'll be fine.

#72 ·
I haven't received the Leo Vince yet but I've been planning ahead for a baseline carb setup. The SM630, while it has a different engine, has the FCR41 carb. It is setup with a 58 pilot, a 180 main, and the same needle as the 610 (OBDVR) except it is set at the 5th position rather than the 4th position on the 610.

I'm going to go with the 180 main to start. I may try a JD needle from the 450/510 kit with a 45 pilot, or go up to the 58 pilot and move the clip to the 5th position with the stock needle. Still have some time to figure this out but the thought of 60+ hp is starting to affect me. I can hardly wait!

#74 ·
Dave said:
Update:

I have removed the emissions crap. It looks better without all that crap hanging off the side.

However, it made no difference to the stutter that I'm experiencing at the 4300-5000 RPM range.
Something I noticed on my bike that might be causing your stutter... the stock plug cap is made for a spark plug with a screw on cap. My stock plug did not have this cap on it, so the connection was not solid. I replaced the stock plug with an NGK iridium and put a cap on the plug before I even rode it. Don't know if this is the cause of your problem but it's real easy to check out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.