Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums - View Single Post - best aftermarket shock???
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 01:25 AM
sp2pilot
Enormous Member

Penski builds a fine product. It has a very tunable nature and can be rebuilt by any savvy tuner. I have been inside Penski shocks, I have also been inside White power, Elka and Fox. When I rate them they are all several steps behind the Ohlins stuff. With the exception of the New Fox and the current White Power stuff all are very well built and can be tuned to perform quite well.

I know that a racing pedigree bares no weight with you but that is a very dumb attitude as racing is the only place that suspension can be developed in a rapid and progressive manner. You think you could possibly give feed back out on the street? I would love to be a fly on the wall during that de-briefing...

"Well you see when I went over these bumps out on woodlake drive my shock seemed too stiff....."

Uh ok

In the clinical atmosphere of a race track you can repeat every single condition you are tuning around. You can also modify things like forward grip and decrease side bite in microscopic amounts to dial in a bike to a riders taste.

Racing is the meat of suspension development.

Now ask yourself this honestly. What Suspension will you find on the majority of race bikes that are paying for their parts?

All that technology has a way of trickling down to us the consumers to bolt on to our street bikes and go pose down at starbucs to get the real "Props"

He stated it cost nearly the same as an Ohlins??? I have no Idea what that even means. I really don't

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome