Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums - View Single Post - Mugello MotoGP Spoiler!!!!
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 12:37 AM
Old Baldy
He with the senior member

Rossi was all over JL, and clearly had a little extra speed, but JL was magnificent under braking and preventing Rossi from making the pass stick. Real pity about the Yamahas - never heard of two letting go like that on the same day!

MM rode superbly, and did his best, but the Yamaha just has the acceleration and speed advantage this year with its smoother motor and better mechanical grip. That backwards spinning motor and irregular power stroke motor must be the tiniest little bit of advantage over the "old tech" Honda screamer motor out of the corners. I suspect that Nakamoto must be on very thin ice for failing to succeed in matching the Yamaha for two years in a row now. I'm going to guess that if they don't fix the Honda in next year's tests, MM may be in the market for Suzuki and/or Ducati. Imagine a Ducati team with JL and MM!!! Yeah, very unlikely, but who knows? :-)

Old Baldy
Triumph Tiger 955i with decent suspension.
Ducati 996 with hot 999 motor
Kawasaki KLR650

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome