Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums - View Single Post - Mugello MotoGP Spoiler!!!!
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
bsess

Mugello MotoGP Spoiler!!!!

I think this Sunday's race at Mugello will be an interesting battle between Jorge and Valentino. Earlier on during his Premier Class career, I recall Rossi owning the place by winning something like six or seven races in a row at his home track. Jorge, on the other hand, has won something like four or five of the last seven races there and hasn't finished any lower than second place since 2009. Marquez has managed to finish the race only one time back in 2014 when he beat Lorenzo by a few inches. With the Honda's major speed and acceleration handicaps, neither Marquez or Pedrosa have any real chance to contend for the front unless there is some attrition, otherwise I would put the factory Ducatis and possibly even the Suzukis as having better odds in Italy this weekend.

Iannone is now done at Ducati so I bet he'll be out to prove a point this Sunday. He did finish in second place last year so I believe the principal battle for the podium will be between the Factory Yamahas and Ducatis.

Marquez will be lucky to finish in the top 5 and I think Pedrosa has a better chance of finishing ahead of his teammate here.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome